Sunday, October 3, 2010

Noooo, not kindergarten!

I fought this day, I did. Despite my efforts to slow the days and years down and occasionally go backwards, I am loosing the battle. Anyone who knows me, knows I really like to get my way. So when the first day of kindergarten rolled around I wanted to throw myself on the ground, kick my feet and throw a full on tantrum. But, I didn't. Instead, I panicked when I realized that I had bought no less than 6 "first day of kindergarten", "getting ready for kindergarten" books and here it was the night before and we had not read one of them. So I pulled them all out and read them. Trying to calm the nerves of Cole. Cole had no "nerves" about kindergarten. He was so excited to go the same school as his older brother and to meet new friends. I read 4 books before I burst into tears. Which was ridiculous, because then I made my worry-free 5 year old cry. Dang it.
On the first day, Nolan came home so we could get Cole off together. We walked up, looked around and with no fan fair his teacher told them to line up and walked them in. There was no time for goodbye's or even a hug. I'm sure she plans it that way. It was probably best for me too as I was able to avoid a scene. Love that kid. He walked away, head held high, ready to tackle kindergarten. I went to the car and cried. After all the emotion, he was back 2 hours later (school started on a Friday, which is a short day. So silly.). I thought because that was so hard they really owed me 3 hours but I was happy to see him, happy to see how excited both he and Cy were to meet up after school to walk home, happy we all made it through the first day.













0 comments: