Sunday, October 3, 2010

A New Skiby

I was not ready to have a new puppy. Don't get me wrong, they are adorable. That's the problem. That adorableness makes you forget that they are not potty trained, they don't sleep through the night and they chew stuff up. Nolan had seen an ad for some Springer Spaniels and was trying to dog block me by buying a dog he liked before I bought the dog I wanted. I wanted a Shorkie. According to Nolan that is not a "real" dog. Anyway, he called me one day on the way home from work and asked if I had looked at the ad. I said I had and that they were cute but at that moment what I needed was for him to pick up the boys asap because I had taken them with me to my hair appointment. When he showed up to get them, he was covered in dog hair but was without a puppy. However when I returned from my hair appointment, I found this in our front yard.



Prior to pulling up to our house I was planning on telling Nolan how getting a puppy now was a bad idea because we are busy and away from home often. I couldn't believe he had went and got one. I vowed not to help with any part of it, puppyhood that is. Not getting up in the night, cleaning up after him. Any of it. So you know what that dog did? He went on and acted like a perfect angel. Slept through the night, had only had one accident in the house and has yet to ruin anything by chewing it in the 3 weeks that we have had him. He's adorable. He's so lovey and despite my protests, he knows who butters his bread. I am his favorite by far. After much debate over the name; Gus, Oliver, Andy, Buzz...we settled on Sam. Welcome to the family, Sam.