Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back to School for Cy

I sent Cy off to third grade at the end of August and I really wasn't ready to do it. I love summers. I like lazy mornings on my days off, not worrying about homework, lunches or the PTA and I relish feeling inclined to find away to enjoy a beautiful day.


I walked Cy to the area where he lines up and started chatting with some parents and teachers while Cy and Cole went to play. I struck up a conversation with a new teacher at the school. She was commenting on how she likes teaching third grade because on the first day of school you do not get the crying parents that come with teaching kindergarten. At which point I was grateful that I had thrown on my sunglasses to mask the tears rolling down my face. I don't want to, but apparently I will cry on the first day of school every single year regardless of the grade or milestone.