Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting out


So I mentioned in my last post about what a bad Utahn/Salt Laker I have been by not taking advantage of the mountains that are SO close to our home. So, I decided that it was an emergency situation, we should get up there immediately. We spent Saturday night at Snowbird. In my defense, I have been up Little Cottonwood Canyon before...just not the Big, until last weekend that is.

We had so much fun. We stayed at the Inn at Snowbird and enjoyed many activities. We did the alpine slide, the mechanical bull, the bungee trampoline, rock climbing wall and rode the tram up the the top of the mountain.


The boy's loved the slide. We rode that enough times alone to justify the cost of the all day pass. Of course, we had to race every time. I had won each run so Nolan's competitiveness got the best of him and he crashed. Being the good Dad that he is, he sacrificed himself for Cole. He has a disgusting burn on his elbow. Luckily he was wearing jeans because they are actually black from being burned by the friction. What a show off!! Not too be out done, I took a spill the next trip down. I fared better physically, but of course made sure I had an audience for my tumble. I probably could have gotten up faster had I not been trying to give the thumbs up to the poor gentlemen whom I scared the tar out of. This is par for the course for me though. I think I've fallen off more than successfully completing the slide. Luckily, the kids were intacted.










After a few rounds on the slide we took the tram up to the top of the mountain. The top is 11,000 feet. It was freezing up there. There was still quite a bit of snow and fresh tracks on some of the areas from the skiers. Skiing in June. We took a little hike, threw some rocks and chased some squirrels. It was so beautiful up there.


We headed back to the hotel to swim and realized we forgot all the swim gear. The beauty of this resort is that I asked my mom and she kindly obliged meeting Nolan half way to pick up our stuff and it only took about half hour round trip for Nolan to get back. Crisis adverted, Thanks Mom!!

The boys loved swimming. It was so nice. The water was a little chilly but the view was gorgeous. Then we did some more sliding and then it was off to bed for the boys while Nolan and I star gazed on the balcony. It was lovely stay-cation indeed.

How cute is this picture?
















Beautiful views





















Look at all that snow. We had a snowball fight.




















Top of the World



















Cole looked so cute and little in his harness.




















This is the only photo were he does not look absolutely terrified.





















































The river was moving so fast. It was just beautiful but horrifying to have the boys even close to. This picture of the boys is totally staged by Cy who stuck this pose and kept it until I took a photo. Love that kid.

2 comments:

Karen and Scott said...

what cute pictures of those sweet boys...and you and Nolan too! It does look so beautiful.

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

Wow!! Cori looks like you guys had so much fun. These pics sure are beautiful! Man, those Alpine slides can be scary, glad the boys had fun on them.