Monday, June 29, 2009

Father's Day



We tried our best to make Father's Day nice. We let Nolan sleep in and Cy and I made a fried egg and bacon breakfast for Nolan (the first time I've ever made fried eggs by the way). Cy was excited to help. Cole was eager to play Wii and then eat bacon. The boys had made Nolan some beautiful art at Granny's house and were eager to give him his Spider man card.
We had a fine day, just relaxing and then took a drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon. I am the worst Utahn/Salt Laker ever. I had never been up there before. It is truly ridiculous. Beautiful, just beautiful! I cannot believe I have had this gorgeousness right here my whole life and never take advantage of it. Now I am a little obsessed. It was fun looking around.
There was an incident though. One of the two kids had some tummy trouble that was leaving little warning between upset stomach and getting to the bathroom. We pulled off to do a little hike and he had to go to the bathroom. There was an outhouse, good fortune right? We were third in line and he couldn't wait. We made a mad dash to the woods. I told him to just go ahead, apparently he had never pooped in the woods before and it did not go well. Standing perfectly erect, he let it go. It was everywhere!!! I had to leave him standing out there alone while I ran back to the car for a towel and a blanket. To add insult to injury, it started to pour rain. Poor little buddy. It was all left for me though. Nolan was non the wiser as he had jumped in the car to seek shelter thinking that we were in the outhouse. Probably the best Father's Day gift Nolan ever received.






2 comments:

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

This place is really pretty, it looks like Father's Day was a good turn out.

Jennifer said...

haha you never fail to make every event as entertaining as possible, I love it!