Monday, July 7, 2008

Reunited and It Feels So Good........















The Brady Family Reunion was held over the 4th of July weekend. We rented a lovely home up in Deer Valley that accommodated all 29 of us. It was a huge house with many delightful amenities, like a theater room, but it did not have air conditioning. What is up with that? Park Cityians do not get hot? That was the only real annoyance, but we persevered. I appointed myself as the activities director and we had many fun activities indeed. We watched Fireworks on Friday night and then did the Alpine Slide and Mountain Coaster on Saturday. I did NOT fall of the slide this year, that's not to say I survived the weekend without injury. Our rental home community had a pool so we swam every night. We did a fireworks show

at the home. Did I mention I brought 100,
actually 94 fireworks? I may have mentioned
that once or twice. Sunday was craft day, the
kids (and Heather) made flip flops. They turned
out so cute.



We arranged a movie night for the little ones. Our feature presentation was Alvin and the Chipmunks. On my way to deliver popcorn and milk duds I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle. Heather found me in a ball at the bottom of the stairs debating how I was going to get up and after she was done laughing at me, she helped me. My ankle is very swollen but my back hurts much more. Makes me realize I am getting old.

It was great to have Grandpa there after a huge health scare last winter. I am amazed at how well he is doing each time I see him. We were lucky to have most of the family there, we missed a few. I hope those who missed it will enjoy this post. Michael was in Mexico scuba diving, Brady is playing ball in Kansas City and Candy, Sammy, Jenny, Robert, Camari, and Brooklyn were unable to attend. But Candy's son Micah and Jenny's daughter, Austyn did make it. That was a special treat because we do not get to see them as often. They were such good kids and so much fun to have around.

We did lots of eating, playing, laughing and just a little crying, ok, I cried. I always do. Chel makes sympathetic eyes at me and it is over. I had so much fun, it makes me want all of us to live next door to each other. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends in my family. Can't wait to do it again next year.





Try this recipe for homemade buttermilk syrup that Aunt Pam and Chel made next time you have pancakes, it is easy and DELICIOUS!!

1 C. buttermilk

1 C. sugar

1 cube of butter

1/2 TBSP. of baking soda

Mix butter, sugar and buttermilk together until melted. Add baking soda and remove from heat.

2 comments:

Karen and Scott said...

Thanks for the kind words Cori. We are truly a blessed family. We always have so much fun and all the little cousins get along so well (as do the big cousins!)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!!! Does no one in your family age? Your aunts and uncles all look the same as they did YEARS ago. Thems some good genes!