Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Cole


Today is Cole's 3rd Birthday. It is also the first day of 1st grade for Cy and my best friend Tara is welcoming a baby girl today.


I cannot believe that Cole is 3 years old today. I spent last night watching old videos and crying my eyes out. I handle birthday and milestones like a real champion. I baby Cole so much that I really need to take a step back and probably knock it off. He is still in his crib, he still takes a binkie at night and every time I see another child his age I always tell the parent that their kid is "huge" even though they are the same size or smaller than Cole. I just have not come to grips with his growing up. He is such a funny little boy. He is at such an enjoyable age. He says something off the wall everyday. He LOVES to talk. Him and Cy get upset with each other because they both want to be the one talking all the time. One of my favorite things that Cole doing right now are "tricks" on his scooter. He puts his leg up and does these dance like moves and then he will make up funny names for the trick. And while I baby him, it is amazing how much more quickly they learn somethings. They want to be like their older brother so they are much braver about things. My other favorite thing he is doing right now is telling me all the time for no reason, "I Love you, Mom." It melts my heart.



My Mom, Dad and I took Cole to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point today. It was one of the first times I can recall in a long time just having Cole alone. He didn't really know what to do with himself. He kept asking if we could go get Cy. The Museum is really cool, I would recommend it. I think Cole enjoyed all of the attention. He told me it was his "favorite birthday."




Happy Birthday Cole, We love you.


1 comments:

Karen and Scott said...

Happy Birthday Cole Benjamin. It is hard to believe 3 years have gone by since we welcomed Benny Coleman (Cy's name for Cole the first couple of months after he was born!) into our family. Unlike Cy, who took his sweet time getting here, Cole burst onto the scene full blast and hasn't quit yet. He is a funny, sweet, lovable and precious little boy who I love with all my heart! - Granny O