Sunday, June 13, 2010

Angels Baseball

The Angels finished 9-1 this year. It was a great season. Cy did a terrific job and improves every year. He played catcher, short stop, third base and mostly pitcher...in a machine pitch league. I know that sounds funny but he actually gets a lot of action at that position and it requires someone who can field the ball and make the play at first base. It is fun watching the kids learn about the game. We had a good group of kids and supportive parents. Nolan helped a friend of ours coach and did such a terrific job with the kids. I am proud of his patience with the boys as well as in stressful situations (particularly because I am not so calm). We only had one less than desirable situation with another teams coach. I am thankful that I choose to sit in the outfield at those times. Stinkin' work gets in the way of those 5 o'clock games some times, so we are grateful to Mike Bertelsen for being such an awesome coach and to my parents for always making sure that Cy gets to his games on time. We played in the rain yesterday in a Round Robin tournament and won again. Cross your fingers for all-stars.