Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back blogged

So I am terribly behind on my blogging and feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm going to take baby steps.

Spring came with or without nice weather. I was so tired of being cold I could hardly stand it.

Our spring break consisted of Easter,baseball and cousins. A great combination, indeed.

Easter Sunday was nice. We had the whole family over for lunch and searched for eggs, visited and ate. Nolan and I had help from my mom and Dad setting up our trampoline that Santa brought us for Christmas. It is fun. I am struggling to establish rules for it with the neighbor kids though.





Cy is in little league this year. It is pretty serious. It is machine pitch and the first few games were rough, but they are coming along wonderfully. Cy looks so darn cute. Let's face it , that's half the battle at this age. He's been playing third and has enjoyed catching a few games. I think he has lead in his shoes, he's slow as mud (it is said with love). He hits almost every time but gets out at first with great frequency. I'm proud of the way he shakes it off.




Nolan is coaching. I really appreciate the time commitment from him. Life is very busy between games and practices. Nolan is great with the kids. He has so much more patience than I do with other peoples children.


My cousin Heather and her girls came from Denver for a long overdue and much anticipated visit. We have had few visitors so I was so excited to have them stay with us. We had a lazy Friday, sending the kids to jump on the tramp while we relaxed and read gossip magazines. Heaven!




We had two baseball games to go to for Cy, went to Classic skate, hit La Puente and then settled down for a few (ok, maybe several) hours of American Idol for Wii. We very reluctantly let the kids play. Then got busted by them the next morning when they saw we had played until 12:38. I won, of course. Actually, once I sang Heather's part in the finale because I assumed I had won. I'm kind of a karaoke jerk.

The kids played great together. Cole had a little crush on Emma. He told her she looked pretty. Emma and Grace loved playing guns! This made the boys very happy.






Emma indulged me and let me curl her hair and bravely said she liked it when I knew she did not. I wish they lived closer!!