Thursday, May 21, 2009

Short and Sweet...the Cliff Notes of our Vacation





To save you from reading my incredibly long previous post, I thought I'd give you the Cliff Notes version. Our prior visits to Disneyland had always gone as smooth as butta. This one had a ew bumps in the road. Which certainly have become funnier when we reflect back on them.


There were mostly wonderful but a few noteworthy not so wonderful parts.


Wonderful:



Disneyland, itself. Clean, organized, awesome.



The boys were really good, mostly.


Nolan was a good sport and a patient father through all of my planning and anal retentiveness.


Jedi Training Academy, Cy was picked to fight Darth Vadar.


Good sleep.


The Jungle Cruise.


Newport Beach.


The Ocean.


Celebrity home cruise.


Sea Lions.



The Disney Characters.



Churros.




Ice Cream Sandwiches...everyday!




Tower of Terror.


Cheap Hotel and Rental Car.


Running into two people we knew at Disneyland. Little things bring me such joy.


Cole being as angry with the sea, as the sea was angry.




Not so wonderful things (but some are kinda awesome):


A guy having a panic attack on the Pirates of the Carribean Ride and trying to jump out of the boat while screaming, "let me out!"


Goth day. An unofficial event that brings out the freaks.


Hearing the "F" word while in line with your children, having to confront the yahoo who uses the "F" word.


Long lines.


Too many people.

Cole peeing himself on Splash Mountain. We were sharing the same seat.

$42 lunches that are subpar.


Sunburns.


Preteen girls who talk non stop to you in line and ask their grandparents if they can go with you for the rest of the time.


Birthdays. I'll give it to the people at Disney, they are ingenius. That being said -2009 is the year of celebrations. Meaning that on your birthday, you can get into the park for free. Well, this is crappin' it up for the rest of us. It was EVERYBODY's birthday. Every third person had a button announcing thier b-day and they brought twelve of their friends along. I think this is bringing out many of the locals and I want them to stay home.


Nemo. I'm not waiting in line for two hours to do 20,000 leagues under the sea starring Nemo and Dorie.

Space Invaders. Back up from me just a little bit. We are not going anywhere.
Worrying about the Swine Flu
Cole's legs "do not work in California," so he had to be held.



3 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Loved the post. It got me excited for our trip in October. Weird, my kids suddenly lose their legs at the most inconvenient times too. And good for you for confronting the f-word user. That kind of languauge needs to stay at home, it doesn't belong at the happiest place on earth!

Karen and Scott said...

I love your vacation stories!! And the pictures are great, especially the one of Cy & Cole sleeping - it puts a lump in my throat just because they look so precious. I hope they always know how lucky they are to have you and Nolan for parents.

GrannyO

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

Cori, these pics are so cute! You really do look so good too. I love that cy got his toes done too, they look very cute.