Sunday, March 8, 2009

Surprisingly Enough....All things Girly

So as the title suggests, I spent much of the weekend doing some girly stuff. It was a fun change from the norm. Nolan's mom, her sisters and their daughters/daughters-in-laws have decided to meet once a quarter for a lunch and craft day. This was my first one and it was a big success. It was held at Aunt Kathy's house in American Fork. I'm hoping to host the next one, if anyone has any craft ideas - let me know. Oh, and make them easy please.

Jody, Cambra and Gayle
Getting serious about crafting.

Gayle & Pat
Gayle giving Pat some friendly crafting advise. After the trouble Pat had with her ribbon, it was much needed.

Briley

This is Nolan's cousin Cambra's baby girl. She's so darn cute. I was lucky enough to play with her much of the afternoon. I had her lying on the couch and was talking too much. I looked down and this is what she had done with her bib. She didn't make a peep though. She is so pleasant. She did not make a peep only coos, throughout the afternoon.


Shauna and Kathy

A hard working Melanie

Melanee did a great job manning the cricket machine....which is amazing by the way. She was nice enough to make everyone's vinyl lettering.

Ta Da!! The finished product

I made mine as a Valentine's Day decoration. They were really fun. Parlene and Melanee did all the labor so that we could assemble them. They turned out terrific.



Kathy


Everybody was able to chose whatever 4-letter word (only the nice ones) they wanted as well as the font. I wish I had taken more photos of the finished products. Everyone's looked great. Kathy made an address plaque...so cute!!

____________________________________
Later that night......
We gathered for Stef's B-day/Bunco. We call it "Bunco" even though we have not played in years, too much visiting to be done. I have realized the older I get how very important it is to have good friends and I have some of the best. This gathering once a month is always greatly anticipated and needed.
Thanks girls.

Emmalee, Steph and Kanani

Me and Tara

Alex, Shanon, Jen and Me


Kanani, Christy, Al and Linsey



Christy made this cake for Steph. We were all very impressed. It tasted as good as it looked too.

5 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

What a fun tradition! And, cute craft too!! Have you been to the Wood Connection craft store? If not, they have a ton of wood cutouts/unfinished crafts to make. The best thing is that they have a finished one on display and they let you take pictures so you can remember what the finished product is supposed to look like. Anyway, if you haven't been there you should go, I guarantee you'll find a fun craft to do for the next craft day. Don't forget to take your camera.
Anyway, looks like a fun and eventful weekend.

Hayden and Kelly said...

So fun! I have done Modge-Podge magnent boards that are so fun and easy... you guys would love it! you just get the magnent boards at Roberts Crafts. Use a 40% off coupon you can print online and they are only like 12 bucks. Then you just pick out the scrapbook paper you like to match wherever you are going to put it in your house and modge podge it on. If you ever want to do it, let me know and we could get together and iI could show you! love you! miss you

Toph and Al said...

Whoo I think we should do a crafty session for BUNKO! That looks so fun.

PS I dont think I've ever heard you call me Alex.

YAY for Mesquite

Anonymous said...

Danny K. just sent me a link to your blog. CUTE! Anyways, I can get pretty crafty and know lots of craft sites. Here's one that might help you with ideas if you decide to host your family's next craft day:
http://www.oneprettything.com/
Hope that helps!

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

That looks like a ton of fun, I love the crafts. I wish you guys could adopt me as a sister.