Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Privilege

Today, I had the great privilege of becoming the Godmother to Olivia Nicole. She is the daughter of my dearest friends, Tara and Jeremy Jewkes. I was so honored that they chose me to fulfill this big responsibility. It means so much to me to know that I will always be a member of Olivia's life. It is the greatest gift anyone has ever given me. Thank you so much Tara and Jer.

Getting ready..the photo shoot begins. Tara, Olivia and Me.


Doesn't she look precious. She was so funny during mass, she certainly showed off for the crowd, spotting her Nana and Tof behind us. She giggled and cooed throughout. We giggled when the speaker that announced the baptism and called her Olivia "Jenkins."

Cole, Cy and Josie.
A small part of the big crowd of supporters.


Olivia had fallen asleep during the ceremony but was awaken by the cold water (someone forgot to turn on the water heater the night before). She cried for a second then fell right back to sleep with the cutest pouty lip. I wish we would have gotten a picture of it.
Some were surprised that I did not boo hoo through the entire thing, I was too, that tends to be the norm. Unfortunately, I was far too nervous. As the only non-catholic, I appreciated how much Tara had worked to assure that I would still fulfill my Godmothering duties, but was afraid I would mess up so much that I would make a fool of myself and embaress Tara. Or the powers that be would change thier mind and tell me no. Gratefully, it all went off without a hitch. I didn't mess up, Olivia did awesome the church was beautiful and filled with love.






Sleeping angel.



It's official now.








The proud parents & Godparents.
Jer's brother Rod, Tara, Jer and Me.





Cy and Olivia at the delicious brunch held at the Jewkes' home afterwards. She is the happiest baby ever. After having two colicky babies I am just blown away with how agreeable she is about almost everything. Poor little bug, just struggled with a bout of RSV and double ear infections, but grinned through most of it. I am so glad she's feeling better. The boys think she is a lot of fun. Cy particularly likes to help take care of her. We are so blessed to have her in our lives.
I love you, Olivia.


2 comments:

Cammie said...

That's so nice for you! I bet you did great. You look awesome!

Hayden and Kelly said...

Yea! You are the best Godmother ever! Cor- you look FANTASTIC! How much weight have you lost? How are you doing it? By the way, your hair looks great! You are so beautiful!