Saturday, March 28, 2009

Super Saver



I am doing this post for two reasons. First, because I just booked a vacation to Disneyland for our family in April and secondly, because there are some of my blogging friends who love a great bargain. I love a great bargain too but I am unwilling to shop around for one. I wanted them to be proud of me.


I have booked round trip airfare, a rental car and hotel room for 5 nights for under $1000!

I know, I should do this for a living. I am so excited. I think Nolan has heard enough about it to last a lifetime. I struggle to spend money on these kinds of things. We had gotten a good tax return but the Scott O'Brien (that's my dad, he's great with money) in me thought we should just save it. Then I thought, this country needs me to put this money back into the economy. I didn't want to be un-American, so I went for it.
I found us a room (it has a separate living room, which makes me very happy) for $79 a night. I googled promotion codes and found just what I needed. I took my room down to $63 a night. We've stayed there before, no frills, but clean and comfortable. I was so excited. It became a mission to find good deals. I went to priceline.com and named my price.... $18 a day for a compact rental car!! I also found a coupon for a double upgrade on the rental. Flights are very affordable on Jet Blue at $49. We also booked the day after some of the Disney price increases stop due to the end of the spring break season.

Take that my coupon clipping friends! I now see why you have so much fun doing this. Granted, I have spent countless hours on this project. Just took time away from my facebook addiction. Cannot wait to go.
Now if I can just find a coupon for this shirt, I'll be set!!!

5 comments:

Davis Family said...

Can I hire you to be my travel agent. I have been hounding Robert for about a year that I want to take Cody to Disney, he would love it! I hope you guys have so so much fun, I bet the boys will love it!

Cammie said...

I'm very proud! Amazing how good it feels, isn't it? I'm jelous you get to go! I hope you have an awesome trip!

Jennifer said...

Hahaha that shirt is hysterical. I can't wait to go in May! I think we all need a fun getaway to Disneyland, it's even more fun when it's last minute planning right?

Karen and Scott said...

Good Girl Cori!! You did learn something from me. You probaby saved 50% on the cost of the trip. Have a wonderful time..

Saving money: Great
Family Vacation: Priceless
Have Fun
Dad

Chel said...

Will you pick me up a shirt too!!!
Have a great time. It is always more fun when its a good deal too!