Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A great day


Cy has been counting down to the 20th of January since November 5th. So today Cy and I sat on the couch and watched the inauguration of Barack Obama. I wanted him to watch as as history was made. He took it all in, asking some questions that I was not prepared to answer. I hope I did some of them justice. I know that he probably won't remember this, and does not realize the weight of it, not even I can, but when he looks back on this time I hope he will be proud to have had it happen in his lifetime. It is wonderful to see the world through the innocent and accepting eyes of children. I loved the commentary about all children actually seeing what they have always been told, that they can do or be anything they want if they work hard. It was a great day for all Americans.



1 comments:

Karen and Scott said...

I am so proud of you for sitting with Cy and watching such a wonderful and historical event. Cy truly has greatness in his future!

GrannyO