Monday, May 26, 2008

Magoon!







I've had busy weekends since I last blogged. Last weekend was Kanani's baby shower. Steph and Tara threw it. It was very nice, a lot of fun and good to get to see friends. Kanani's close with just a couple of weeks to go. It was a hot weekend (I won't get over it, Tara) followed by a cold week. Monday was hot enough that we broke out our new inflatable water slide. It is so much fun. Cy loved it. Cole was disinterested, which always makes you feel good for buying something new and unnecessary. Of course the heat passed in time for the long Memorial weekend. It was cold and rainy the majority of the weekend. Sunday we packed up and went to Lagoon (Cy always called it Magoon when he was little, so it carries on today) with the Jewkes'. It was a great day. The kids were busy, busy on all the kiddie rides. See photo above for a rare moment of Cole and Josie being nice to each other. They were so cute just then, they were visiting while waiting in line. Cole did not like many of the rides. He would cry and then insist he wanted to get on again, then cry. Then tell me in the middle of the ride "I'm done Mom. I'm done." The way he does when he is in trouble and on his way to time out. So I think he thought he was being punished. I felt like the mean mom. Tara and Jer were nice enough to let Cole tag along with them for a a time while we took Cy on some big rides. He's so brave. Which proves my theory that having even numbered children for amusement park purposes never works out, there's always a chicken. We rode the new ride Wicked. I was mostly afraid for Cy's life the entire ride. We liked it so much we will probably get season passes.
Uncle Mike and his girlfriend Ashley took the boys this morning to the Planetarium, which was a nice break for me and Nolan. Thanks. We went to lunch alone. No trips to the bathroom were taken. But as usual when we dine alone, Nolan listened intently to the people across from us, other people are much more interesting. La Puente has a TV now, so I watched the fourth hour of the Today show.
And this evening, we went to the Skiby's for a dinner and the Wii.

I included this photo of the boys in their new aviator sunglasses. They are so funny, I couldn't resist. That's highway to the danger zone!!




2 comments:

Hayden and Kelly said...

Cute babes!!! Want to kiss their cheeks! miss you!

Anonymous said...

The Kenny Loggins song "Dangerzone" comes to mind when I see this picture of the boys in their awesome aviator glasses.