Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Day of Kindergarten

Next year I will have 2 1/2 days to myself a week. Sounds nice, doesn't it? It sounds nice for about a week and then I will want my baby back. I will miss getting back into bed for snuggles after we take Cy to school and hanging out with my little buddy in the mornings. I cannot believe he will be in first grade. He is getting so big.

Cole had a wonderful year in kindergarten. He loved his classmates, a little girl named Hannah and his teacher. I volunteered every other Monday in his classroom but my mom and dad volunteered every Wednesday. They made such a wonderful difference in the classroom. Cole's teacher told us that the morning class had initially tested higher than the afternoon class but by the end of the year the afternoon class was testing higher. She truly believed that the extra help with both grandparents being there consistently every week was what made the difference. My parents were hesitant to volunteer at first but I dare say it became one of the most rewarding parts of their weeks. I am so grateful to them for doing it. My mom has adopted the "it takes a village" motto to raising kids and boy we have a great village.

Cole was sad about his last day of class. When he got home I asked him if anyone else was sad. He said, "Kevin was really sad. He told me that if boys could marry other boys, he would marry me." I LOVE the innocence of kindergarten. Wish I could bottle it up. This class was so funny. They always paired up with members of the opposite sex. They all had someone in the class they were going to "marry." One day I was working with them on E-D words. One of those words was WED, so they all had to tell me who in the class they would marry when they grew up. A cute little girl also told me "Did you know that all the girls in this class think your son is really cute?" I couldn't blame them. I think he is pretty cute too.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

If all the girls wanted to marry him, it's no wonder that he was so sad to leave Kindergarten behind ;)

Karen and Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen and Scott said...

I am sad kindergarten is over too. The volunteering was truly so much fun & so rewarding. I can say I am really proud of your dad and myself. Looking forward to next year and volunteering in both grandsons classes. I would encourage any other grandparents out there to do the same if they can.

Don't know what we will do with the extra time on our hands.

Granny.

chenmeinv0 said...

michael kors outlet
ferragamo outlet
coach factory online
cheap mlb jerseys
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren polo shirts
pandora charms
coach outlet
valentino heels
adidas yeezy
chenyingying20170402

Panharith said...

it's no wonder that he was so sad to leave Kindergarten behind ;)




แตกใน xxx