Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Big Boy Bed



We finally got Cole into his "big boy" bed. I know, it's kind of ridiculous, he's over 3. But the confines of the crib are very appealing to me. He got the cutest bedding from my mom and dad for his birthday. We are still working on getting the bedroom completed, accessories and such - but it is so precious. I cried after I tucked him in, his last ties to babyhood slipped away. He has done pretty good in it. He doesn't get out, however, he wakes up occasionally in the night and always says, "I don't like my room, it's scary." And now that his bed is by his window he spends a lot of time with his head under the blinds looking outside. This morning I thought he was still asleep but he was watching the garbage man.
Looking at this last picture, I can't help but laugh. We have long speculated that Cole was switched at the hospital because he doesn't look like anyone in the family. However, he looks just like photos of a young Nolan in this picture, seventies hair and all.